Job Search - Design & Production Assistant (Handbags, Leather Goods & Accessories)
Gabee is a premium Melbourne based leather handbags, fashion accessories, garments and luggage group looking for a Design and Production Assistant with strong skills and experience in Product Design and Graphics to join their team.
This role provides job diversity, skill utilisation and development, working on product design, development, textile, graphics and project management across our brands Gabee, Cobb & Co and Monique. You will be an intrinsic part of the company, gaining significant exposure and the opportunity to create a long-term career with a rapidly growing and well established Australian fashion business.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director to research, design, develop and co-ordinate seasonal ranges for our leather handbags, fashion accessories and luggage brands
- Research, forecast, interpret and present key trends in fashion and accessories, as well as graphic/ textile design
- Create specification/ technical packs from concept through to sampling and production
- Play an integral role managing critical production paths and project managing key information in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain the established brand aesthetics whilst introducing fresh innovation and inspiring ideas and graphics for print, website and social media
- Produce marketing material, packaging, and labelling in alignment with the brand identity as required
- Organise and maintain sample library
- Assist with campaign shoot concept, styling and execution
- Assist with website, EDMS and social media
Your Skill Requirements:
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and the Microsoft suite of applications
- Strong graphic design skills
- Tertiary qualification in Fashion, Design or a related field.
- Creativity and innovation with a high attention to detail
- Ability to create full tech packs and drawings using Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- An understanding of product development and the manufacturing processes
- Highly organised and efficient, priority orientated, with strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
If you are a talented and innovative design professional wanting to build your career with a dynamic and evolving fashion group, please get in touch!
Please send through:
- Design and graphics folio illustrating your skills
- Cover letter demonstrating your suitability to the role and addressing the key selection criteria
- Demonstration of commercial success.